As part of the ongoing upgrade of the fire detection systems within this historic building complex, E.Q. Systems have recently extended the fire system to convert the old conventional detection in both the Museum & Crypt to analogue sensors and sounder/beacons.
The Museum was previously a dormitory used by the monks, built in 1060, now housing many priceless artifacts including funeral effigies of past Kings & Queens including Henry V11 & Elizabeth l.
This convertion was made out of hours therefore causing no disruption to the busy life within the Abbey. Both areas are now protected with state of the art detection devices signalling back to the main control.